Bloomington Daily Photo

A daily photo of Bloomington, Indiana by M.K. Flem$ta, drahcir, AlexB, and Joe Near.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

MAC/Panorama/RIP

Since my panorama didn't work out so well (see below), I figured I'd throw in another picture. This is the famous metal sculpture in front of the Indiana University Musical Arts Center (MAC). I'm not a big fan of modern art, so I'm not that fond of it. However, the whole building is unable to be changed (by request of the artist, in exchange for doing all the work for free!)... from the sculpture, to the indoor carpets, to the indoor furniture. I'll have more info and images of that in a day or two. It's crazy!


This is a panorama shot I took from a downtown parking garage. To the left and moving around, there's an anti-abortion poster, a church, the Bloomington Transit bus station, a bank, an old restaurant "(T)he Royal Dog", a place that's maybe a little better for auto work than the shop previously posted in AlexB's photo (it SEEMS a little less shady, at least), and a really sweet van. (Not.)

I thought a panorama would be a sweet idea, but... as you can tell... it's not making Bloomington look so hot. (Every city has its faults!) I'll try to focus on more of the "beautiful" aspects of Bloomington in the comings days.

Edit-- Blogspot won't accept this photo in its actual size and resizes it to a small crappy picture for me... therefore, the extra photo.
Also, RIP to one of my best friends of (almost) 15 years, Jessie. I got him as a birthday present many years ago. (I'm getting old!) I had to put him to sleep, and naturally, I'm very upset. He was a Bloomington resident for most of his life. See how I tie things in?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MARC!

i'm so sorry about jessie!!!

love you, girl!

-kimberly (call if you need me for anything! or nothing at all!)

2:04 AM  
Blogger JamminGemini said...

i'm sorry about your dog.

a crying german girl is one of the world's saddest sights.

that sculpture is one of the world's ugliest sights.

we should spend some time together.

remember, i care! lots.

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice pictures!

Losing an animal is often hard ... your dog is in a better place !

-juliette

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad I'm not actually Bloomington much during the summer, so I can't really get in on this. I should join this fall, eh?

I actually like the MAC sculpture.

How did you go about taking your panorama? You should start posing all photo info along with the picture.

At least you have other pets to ease the pain. I've never owned pets so I'm not really sure how all of this goes.

6-6-6! ;) ;) ;)


vincent

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! my name is natalie. i used to live in bloomington and found this site through the bloomington wikipedia page! how neat! i went to IU for many years and completed my masters there!

are you and the team students as well? good luck with your studies! i'll check back often!

3:21 PM  
Blogger AlexB said...

M.K. Flem$ta, I don't get most of the ``modern'' sculptures at IU, but it might be just me! (I guess I should not post something like that.)

Sorry to hear about Jessie.

On the technical side: if blogspot refuses to host that large panorama, you can host it somewhere else... and post a link to the picture. Provided you want to go through the trouble, of course.

3:49 PM  
Blogger drahcir said...

flemsta, send me that photo and i'll host it on unspyred for ya.

6:37 PM  
Blogger M.K. Flem$ta said...

Kimberly - Thanks. We should hang out sometime soon. It's been too long.

JamminGemini - <3

Juliette- Thanks!

Vincent- You should TOTALLY join when you get back. That would be AMAZING.

Natalie- Yes, we are all students. Some further along than others. ;)

AlexB- I'll get drahcir to host it!

drahcir- Check your E-Mail, babyboy

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home