Bloomington Daily Photo

A daily photo of Bloomington, Indiana by M.K. Flem$ta, drahcir, AlexB, and Joe Near.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

House on 2nd Street

This is a house that M.K. Flem$ta enjoys making fun of, rather than putting on her "list" of favorite houses. She often refers to this as the "Chi-Chi's house" and whenever it goes up for sale, she launches into a rant of "Who the heck is going to buy that house? Everyone thinks that house looks like a little Spanish restaurant. It's so out of place. I mean, it's cute... but cute in the way that I want to eat an enchilada there for lunch, not LIVE there. You know what I mean?? I mean, COME ON. At least lower the price." etc. etc.

However, in the years it has been up for sale, it has never switched owners, she may be on to something... Until then, I'll prepare for the same speech every time we drive by.

Every time


Every single time. Really.

11 Comments:

Blogger M.K. Flem$ta said...

Well, I mean it!

I do like it, though. I just think it's got a look that wouldn't sell well.

It's hard to capture that house in a photo, I've tried. You know what? I kind of like sunflare.

"the other alex", E-Mail me back!

AlexB, you too when you get time! THINGS GET BORING 'ROUND HERE.

And Jonathan. You too.

And Joe.

I love E-Mails.

1:27 AM  
Blogger JamminGemini said...

i like how you didn't mention wanting an e-mail from me...

you ARE a big e-mail fan. extremely so.

i've noticed that house as well. i wonder if the people that built it had some spanish/south american roots. it's pretty unique. have you ever seen the family that lives there or been inside?

1:47 AM  
Blogger JamminGemini said...

don't you live RIGHT by that house too??

1:50 AM  
Blogger M.K. Flem$ta said...

Yes, we used to live right by that house many moons ago. Not anymore.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wrote you back!

I laughed out loud the whole time writing that, you better appreciate it!

other alex

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is that house? 2nd and...? i lived on 2nd when i went to indiana university but don't recall this house!

2:40 PM  
Blogger M.K. Flem$ta said...

This house is the corner of 2nd and Ballantine, anonymous.

M.K. Flem$ta... the amount of E-Mails you receive/send a day blows my mind.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

What is even more strange is that I use to live in Arizona, wait, thats not strange it's the fact that that house looks like Voltaire FRENCH Restaurant in Scottsdale Arizona!

5:37 PM  
Blogger MoonSoleil said...

I really like it. Very cute.
I'd buy it right away!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Heck...I'd buy it if I lived in Indiana. It would probably sell really quickly here in So Cal.

j.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. keno online company dental health insurance What does levitra feel like discover+card

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home