Bloomington Daily Photo

A daily photo of Bloomington, Indiana by M.K. Flem$ta, drahcir, AlexB, and Joe Near.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Alfred Kinsey

This is the house of the famous Alfred Kinsey who founded the Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction at Indiana University. You can learn more about Alfred Kinsey by watching this movie. Or, you could learn a little more here on this Wikipedia page about him.

I've been to a party in this house before, yet unfortunately I don't remember much of that evening, or much of the inside... However, Liam Neeson (who played Kinsey in the film) did drop by and eat dinner with the family that now owns it while filming on location. Very cool.

I apologize for the quality of the photo, but since it was an earlier request, I wanted to deliver! So remember, Marcie Fleming sacrifices her art and quality for the people. So later on down the road when I wrong you somehow, think back to this moment... then I won't seem so bad, will I?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting! does anything of kinsey remain? didn't he etch things in walls and store notes all over?

1:55 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Great pic, I saw the film on TV for the first time last week, pretty strong stuff. I do love Americans but I am still amazed at how puritanical most of them are. The Jackson girl revealing at the super bowl game caused such a scandal and yet Clinton, well you know the rest.

11:39 AM  
Blogger M.K. Flem$ta said...

Anonymous- He did not have etchings or notes that I can recall, but... I assure you I learned all of his skills and techniques via osmosis... ;)

Mark- Yes, America is weird in that respect. At least if things get embarrassing enough, I can always claim myself as being German, since I hold citizenship. ;)

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

found this site while doing a search for Bloomington! Thanks for the lovely photos of the city I grew up in!

-pam from houston

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» » »

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info film editing schools

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home